The visit to Naples Underground is very suggestive. You will have the opportunity to explore a part of Naples which, unfortunately, is devoted to little attention, preferring to observe the city as it is now.
Here is what you will have the pleasure to discover during the excursion to Naples underground
You can discover the Greco-Roman aqueduct, the medieval tunnels, the Bourbon tunnels and the modern tunnels. Go down to about 40 meters deep, thanks to the presence of 136 steps, which are low and comfortable.
There are some tuffaceous cavities dating back to the Greek era, i.e. to the 4th century B.C., and which were reused during World War II as an anti-aircraft shelter.
The visit to the underground Naples also includes the scientific laboratory where the seismic station Arianna, the underground gardens, the Museum of War and the Serra have been installed.
Every room has been illuminated in such a way as not to pose a danger to the people who make the excursion. There is only one path a little more narrow, but it is optional: We advise you to do so, because it is very impressive. This trail leads to the Roman cistern with water and is lit by candles. It is really a spectacle of lights and shadows, as well as history.
The Italian language tour lasts for an hour, while the English language excursion has a duration of two hours.
Included in the price of the ticket, you will have the opportunity to visit the ruins of the Teatro Romani, a typical Neapolitan house, where you can admire where the emperor Nero was staying during the visits of the shows that were held in the city. It's really a unique opportunity, looking for pure history.
Discover the times of the excursions in Italian and English language
The Times of the excursions in Italian language are:
- There is a scheduled departure every hour from 10:00 to 18:00 hours. There is an excursion on Thursday evening at 21:00, but it must be made by booking and reaching 10 people;
On the other hand, the English language tour times are:
- A departure is scheduled every two hours, from 10:00 to 18:00 hours. Also in this case it is possible to book Thursday evening at 21:00 and is worth the same rule of the previous. The duration of this route is two hours.
Contacts and prices of the visit to Naples underground
Ticket prices for access to Naples underground are as follows:
- The whole ticket costs 10 euro;
- The reduced ticket for students costs 8 euro;
- For children aged 5 years up to 10 years, the ticket costs 6 euro;
- School groups enter 8 euros, for teachers is free;
- You can request a 10% discount with the Artecard;
- Admission is free for children under 5 years of age.
In the following, we also leave you contacts to speak with those in charge of Naples Underground (beware of other visits, could be scams):
- The phone number is 081 29 69 44. The mobile number is 340 46 06 045. The number to contact via Whatsapp is 333 58 49 479;
- The e-mail is: email@example.com;
- The official site is napolisotterranea.org.