Everyone loves it and everyone wants it at least once a week. What are we talking about? Of the famous Neapolitan pizza, of course (read the previous article). Pizza is the food that all agrees, but all of them: the whole of Italy owes a lot to Naples for inventing this delicacy.
And not just Italy! Pizza is probably the most prepared dish in the world: from Hawaii to Bangladesh we can hear about her. It is so famous that when we happen to go to a foreign land, the first association with Italy is just you, Mrs. Pizza.
Pizza is part of the intangible Heritage of humanity
On a global scale, just to hear it named generates Languorini and an irrepressible desire. Pizza is not only a food, but the art of Neapolitan Pizzaiuoli has recently been declared in 2017 as an intangible heritage of humanity by UNESCO.
In short, pizza was the only food in the world to receive this award, probably the highest you can ever receive.
But how is the pizza? Where does your story belong?
Around her, after all, many legends revolve: even today, her origin is the subject of many debates among historians. For sure, we know that pizza and pizzerias make their appearance in Naples during the eighteenth century. Since the twentieth century, it becomes an extended phenomenon even beyond the Neapolitan city.
The first two pizzas invented in the world: Marinara and Margherita
At the day of the eyes, it is impossible to quantify the pizzerias present all over the world.
There are two pizzas considered “classic”, or the first ever invented and baked:
- Pizza Margherita: It is topped with San Marzano tomato, buffalo mozzarella with cubes or mozzarella STG or Fior di latte, a leaves of basil and extra virgin olive oil to raw;
- Marinara Pizza: It is prepared with San Marzano tomato, oregano, garlic and extra virgin olive oil.
Of course, over the years, many pizzas have been invented: lately, in Naples goes much the one with the fried meatballs, a typical food of regional Neapolitan cuisine.
Moreover, the variations of the pizza are many:
- Pizza A wallet: it was invented at the time, from the pizzeria the President, where was served the first pizza to portfolio of history just to President Clinton;
- Fried Pizza: There are as many as two types. One provides the round fried pizza and with the addition of freshly cut fine tomato and mozzarella flakes. The second variation includes a fried-wallet pizza in hot oil.
What date does the birth of the pizza go up? A bit of history
The story about the birth of the pizza is quite seasoned with details, a bit like her.
- Marinara Pizza: It goes back to 1743;
- Pizza Margherita: It could have been born in the time interval between the years 1796 and the years 1810.
Basically, it is believed that the pizza was born in June of 1889; The chef Raffaele Esposito prepared the pizza for the Queen of Italy Margherita di Savoia. The condiment was to represent the Italian flag, so he chose the tomato, mozzarella and basil and named Margaret in his honor.